Beetroot Salad with Clementine and Feta
Hi. I made this combination up so if you see it anywhere else on the Web Of All Things then it’s nicked, officer. It’s another Definitely Not Boring Salad for you. As usual with salads, it’s not a recipe, more of a serving suggestion. Nothing is expensive, everything is available in basic supermarkets. I’m rather pleased with it.
- Slice a large pre-cooked beetroot thinly. Peel a clementine and slice it very thinly. Break up some chunks of feta cheese. Value own-brand is fine. (75p, yay!)
- Arrange it all on a plate.
- Drizzle with olive oil and couple of teaspoons of a nice vinegar like red or white wine vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- If you’ve got tarragon or chives, put some on.
- If you like toasted seeds, dry fry some sunflower/pumpkin/sesame seeds till slightly brown and put them on.
Badda Bing. As they say (somewhere).